Friday, November 7, 2008

Why Hello

As much as I love both writing and reading other's people blogs, the little white box always intimidates me. Why did I sign on again? Why do the ideas I have waiting in my head never quite materialize on the screen?

But I've decided to stop being so obsessive compulsive about my words, because I love blogging. I've met some really cool people through blogs, and it's sort of awkward not having one. Plus, it's pretty sweet to have an autobiography of yourself, especially when you have an epiphany that causes you to wonder what your younger self may have been thinking, or to peer in at those hard-to-remember details of your past that seemed so important at the time.

Another reason that I have this blog is because I just opening a shop at Etsy.com, and I'm kind of obsessed with it. Etsy is a site that allows people to sell their handmade items, from (in my case) jewelry and stationary, to clothes and candles and beyond. There is an absolutely endless amount of stuff to look at there, and knowing that it was handmade by someone just makes me feel happy. People are so creative!

Anyway, my shop is called Atlantic Coast Art, and you can find it at (surprise!) AtlanticCoastArt.etsy.com.

That's all for now--thanks for stopping by!

No comments: