Sunday, November 9, 2008

Animal Rescue

So yesterday, Dan and I went to the Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League. We went because I was (am?) thinking about volunteering there. They have something called Cat Companions (I know, I'm becoming a crazy cat lady super early in life); I figured since I take care of Spot, it wouldn't be that much different to take care of pets in need. Who might actually be nice to me.

First impressions were less than stellar; there's a lot of construction to one side, and it doesn't look like the best area. Also? One of the buildings looks like an above-ground bomb shelter. It was...well, it was terrible. And hideous. Obviously that's not important in terms of working there, but still.

We walked up the counter, and I told the woman working there that I was interested in volunteering. She started to talk, and then interrupted herself to ask how old I am. That's right. She wanted to make sure I was old enough to volunteer. I laughed, and explained that I am in fact 25. She then proceeded to tell me that adult orientation for volunteering is the first Saturday of every month at 10:00. So I missed it by literally 5.5 hours. For the whole month.

So that was that.

//

I made a Facebook page for Atlantic Coast Art. Perhaps you would like to be a fan? That would be enjoyable. Also, if you'd like to help me figure out how to post a little Etsy widget thing there, that would be lovely.

No comments: